To participate in this program, you will only need access to a computer, tablet or a smart phone!
iPhone users can use their Safari web browser and Android users can use their Chrome web browser right on your cell phone!
Act quickly, our Virtual VITA program will accept documents until April 9th for the Virtual Vita program !
How to Participate in the Virtual VITA Program?
- STEP 1: To use our Virtual VITA service, click here: www.getyourrefund.org/berkshiresite
Please note: iPhone users can use their Safari web browser and Android users can use their Chrome web browser right on your cell phone!
- Once in the getyourrefund site (www.getyourrefund.org/berkshiresite), click “get started” and then If you would like BCAC to help you file your taxes, please select files taxes with help.
- Taxpayer will supply basic personal information, and upload photos (or PDF copies) of your driver license (or other government-issued photo ID) along with ALL of your tax forms. For a full list of the forms, click here.
- After you submit your information via the link to the above website, you will receive an email confirmation. You will be soon contacted by our Intake Specialist, by your preferred method of communication. If additional information is necessary to prepare your return, this is when we will let you know.
- When preparation of your return is complete, the Quality Reviewer will check it for accuracy. The Quality Reviewer will then contact you by preferred method and securely provide you with an electronic (encrypted PDF) copy of your return, using the ENCRYPTED service DOCUSIGN.
- The return will be thoroughly reviewed with you and the Quality Reviewer will answer any questions that you may have. After obtaining your permission, the Quality Reviewer will electronically file your tax return.
Who is eligible for Virtual VITA?
The VITA program offers free tax help to people who:
- Make $57,000 or less
- Persons with disabilities
- Limited English-speaking taxpayers
- Those who are 60 years of age and older,
To Participate in Virtual VITA: You must have access to a computer, tablet or smart phone to participate in Virtual VITA Tax Preparation. If you do not have access to these, you can still participate in our drop off VITA program, please CLICK HERE for more information.
Please note: At this time, VITA can only assist people who are filing their current year 2020, 2019, and 2018 taxes.
Send an email to email@example.com for more information.
IT SECURITY PROTOCOL:
We are taking steps to ensure that your confidential information is treated in a secure manner when you participate in our Virtual VITA program. Your online connection will be secure and all information you provide will be encrypted during transmission.
Your confidential information will be stored on a remote server in encrypted form and only members of our staff with the proper credentials will be able to retrieve this information and decrypt it.
For your protection, BCAC will delete all copies of your confidential information no later than 48 hours after your tax return has been electronically filed. Your tax return will be stored securely by online tax software (TaxSlayer), ensuring that you will be able to obtain a copy in the future.